You must be familiar with 360-degree feedback. Well, it is a development tool that helps organizations to get a better feedback about the organization and also about the managers from the staffs and co-workers. It can be said that 360 feedback is a powerful tool that is being extensively used in an organization in order to assess and evaluate the performance of the staffs.
Overview of 360 Degree Feedback
An organization always faces challenges from the world and the work-culture. The effectiveness of the employees is an important factor in order to achieve the goals. In fact, it is regarded to be the key factor for differentiating the difference between the success of the organization and its failure. In order to make an organization effective, it is crucial to have a proper level of communication with each employee of the organization. Introducing and implementing 360-degree feedback tool within an organization can help an organization to grow easily.
Use of the 360 Degree Feedback Tool within an Organization
In order to improve the overall process of communication, having feedback from the employees can help an organization to expand. They can also work in the areas of grievances.
Organizations can make better management decision with this tool. Basically, the tool allows a person to provide a feedback about a person’s behavior. Along with that, a report on how a person is performing can be provided by peers, subordinates, and supervisors. In some cases, it also includes self-assessment and also feedbacks from external sources like customers and clients. Based on the report, the management can take appropriate action. For example, if a person needs to improve his skills, training could be provided. Or, if a leader is very dominating then he/she can be removed and a better person who can hold a team together can be appointed. When a team gets a better leader, it will automatically feel motivated to work more. This, in turn, will increase productivity.
How Can The Feedback Tool Help?
If the tool is used in an effective manner, the feedback can help an organization to make better decisions.
- Getting a feedback on the management style is one of the most difficult tasks. Changes in the organizational strategy or structure or pay system can affect an organization for better or worse. With the help of a feedback system, can help a management on several areas. It can be comfortable for managers as well as employees to focus on development and meeting organizational goals.
- It can facilitate open communication about performance of a person from all quarters. By assessing the performance, employees can be easily recognized for their work.
- It can help the management to identify the areas of development opportunities for their employees. Based on the feedback, an employee can be assisted in making improvements.
- It can help the management to reinforcing the values of an organization around the performance. For this, communicating the organizational values to the employees can be very helpful.
- 360 feedback can help the managers to provide performance examples. They try to understand the problematic situations and try to change it accordingly.